Webinar #9 | State Supported Services
Room Number: Link To Be Provided Week Of Event
Register for our first webinar event of 2021!
The 28 state-supported intercity passenger rail routes carry approximately one-half of all Amtrak riders nationwide and represent the fastest growing segment of the U.S. rail network. However, they also face unique challenges -- from the pandemic and from the existing federal-state partnership.
Join us on Wednesday, January 27th at 2pm eastern as we kick off the new year with presentations on state supported passenger rail services from Wayne Davis, Chairman for TrainRiders/Northeast; Laura Kliewer, Director for the Midwest Interstate Passenger Rail Commission; and Northern Flyer Alliance President Deborah Fischer Stout.
The panel will discuss regional priorities, how the state funding mechanisms work through federal partnerships, how a reauthorization bill will affect their groups, planning for new services and projects, and how our members can help. Rail Passengers VP of Government Affairs Sean Jeans-Gail will also give a legislative update and a look at the new Congress.
Plan on attending? Submit your questions! Send in your topic specific questions to Madi Butler at email@example.com to be answered during the event. Questions will be due by Friday, January 22nd
Space, as always, will be limited to 475 participants so reserve your spot now.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
(all times EASTERN)
2:00p - Introduction
- Joe Aiello, Rail Passengers Field Coordinator
2:05p - Legislative Update & the New Congress
- Sean Jeans-Gail, Rail Passengers VP of Government Affairs + Policy
2:15p - State Supported Services Panel
- Wayne Davis, TrainRiders/Northeast Chairman
- Laura Kliewer, Midwest Interstate Passenger Rail Commission Director
- Deborah Fischer Stout, Northern Flyer Alliance President
2:40p - Q&A
- Moderated by Madi Butler, Rail Passengers Communication Manager
- Jim Mathews, Rail Passengers President & CEO
- Wayne Davis, Laura Kliewer, Deborah Fischer Stout, and Sean Jeans-Gail
3:00p - Closing Remarks
- Joe Aiello
|Neon CRM by Neon One|